Monday 2 July 2012

It can't be!!!

Where, oh where does the time go. How can it be July already!! Lets see, on Monday we cleaned the house and went for a walk as the weather was nice. I also called around like a maniac and began filling out my tax form. On Tuesday Kieran went to Kindy and I whisked Cameron up to the Plunket coffee group. The local pharmacist came up and showed off some new products. I was very taken with the Omega citrus flavoured fish oil supplement. Cameron snapped it up and wanted more lol. I also managed to get one of my textbooks cheap on trademe. This was especially great as the book retails for $200, and I have to buy books for all 3 papers. On wednesday we went to mainly music. How I wish I had known it was a pyjama party, I would have saved heaps of time getting ready lol. Afterwards we hit the library, Cameron slept while I did my tax return. A food parcel was dropped off to kindy so I grabbed some veges and baked pumpkin pie - for the third day in a row. We took the pumpkin pie into kindy.... and knocked it off the boot of the car outside the kindy gates. Luckily it was inside its pie dish, so although shattered (sob) was safe to eat. I have been rereading the Laurie R King Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes series. It is such a great read. On friday we had a knock on the door and a parcel from Sue arrived. The boys were enthralled by the present of little cars and Kieran swooped upon the scarf intended for me, winding it nonchalantly around his neck and informing me that he "looked beautiful!" I must admit he did look cute :)
As it was a lovely sunny day for a change we headed up to the library to read books on space and wound up staying for Wriggle and Rhyme. K was so excited! We discussed space, digestion and then danced and sang. Once home I baked bagels and the boys cavorted with their blocks. Cameron was being grumpy and begged for "kiss!" 'cuddle" and then was being a bit grumpy again. I had to stay in his bedroom for his whole sleep as he kept waking up and wouldn't go back to sleep without me there. I hate how this always happens on a friday! I wanted to take him to the dr's but Isabelle had dropped Maddie off with me and headed off to get her boy from school and take him to swimming. I expected her back at 4 but didn't want to call and make an appointment in case she was later than that. Plus Cameron wasn't that hot, not really.
I baked an apple and quince pie to take to Playcentre's Matariki party that night at 4:30 when Isabelle collected Maddie. We skidded into Playcentre at 5:15 blazing-hot-from-the-oven pie in hand. Luckily there was food left, but the boys ate nothing. They also ate no dessert but LOVED the toasted marshmallows. That is Kieran panicked at the concept of cooking food over an open flame, loved gooey marshmallow and allowed Cameron to have the majority of the marshmallows. Chris had arrived for dessert and fireworks and we settled the boys into bed at 7:30 - so a pretty good evening. We spent the weekend dosing Cameron on Ibuprofen and Pamol and I shall make an appointment for him today. Sadly, we were unable to go to the much anticipated Twisty Willow Ceildidh due to concern over sickly boys. Yup, K was a bit warm on Saturday too, and has been an absolute gobshite all weekend. Roll on kindy I say!! On sunday I cut Kieran's hair as he was looking a bit shaggy. It looks alright although somewhat layered and has become a bit shorter than intended lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment