Monday 29 June 2009

Monkish manner

After the demise of Kieran's polarfleece dressing gown I have decided to knit him a one piece monks robe. I have decided it will be three quarter length, long sleeved and cowled and accented with red upon its sober dun hue. I am sure K will be thrilled to wear it in the mornings, and no doubt will treasure every photo taken of him in it :) It is brown as I found the wool on special - 5 balls for $10. I am sure its colour was the reason for the massive discount but hey, it's not like I'M wearing it!

Today I have my first appointment for a vitamin d trial. I basically have to walk in the open for 15 minutes a day for 6 weeks and they will give me money. So, all good really :)

The flowers that the Seal clan sent us are opening up and looking lovely. I have them on top of the microwave so we can see and enjoy them all the time. It's amazing how a bunch of reds, yellows and orange flowers bring warmth to a room isn't it.

My illness continues to get progressively worse. I have spent much of the previous evening gazing balefully at Chris who now avoids eye contact and ducks furtively through doorways - as well he might!!!

Ruth came over for a visit yesterday which was great. It was awesome to catch up with her, and Finn, and Christian. Her little tribe :) She even brought bakery treats - mmmm bakery treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment