Friday 24 July 2015

Summer Holiday: Day 2 The Natives are Revolting

After much begging the boys got me to agree to let the day start with a semi naked warm water fight. They were so keen to kick off the day that I was awakened at 6:30, 7 and finally 7:30am. Their cries of glee as they stampeded down the stairs, flinging their pyjamas willy nilly as they went, must be akin those crazy fools who participate in the Running of the Bulls. After ushering them outside in their undies clutching a bottle of warm water apiece I hid inside so as not to incur my neighbours' wrath. I consoled myself with the thought that it was a Friday and they should hopefully be awake. Pandemonium erupted in the garden and the boys were still giggling as they ate their breakfast. We chilled for a bit after that and then headed off to the library. Kieran had read 3 books of the 6 required for the Derbyshire Summer Reading Challenge and was keen to read the final 3 at the library so he could hand it in. Of course Cameron, aka Mr Competitive, felt the same way. We had a fab time at the library and the boys did indeed complete the full reading challenge. They particularly liked the scratch and sniff stickers. Once home we had lunch and watched some StampyLongnose. Cameron did some drawing, and Kieran some reading. Alas, this pleasant scene of household bliss was disrupted when I, the Destroyer of Fun, blew up like Vesuvious when I spotted that Cameron had drawn a massive red X on the beige carpet. After much scrubbing (and profane muttering under my breath) the worst of the mark is gone. The boys can't wait for their last gymnastics session tomorrow, and their father to return home. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment