Saturday 25 July 2015

Summer Holiday: Day 3 The Natives are Leaping

Aah Saturday! A day of sun, gymnastics fun and a certain Seal's return. The boys were very excited. They were leaping around like grasshoppers on crack this morning until we headed off to gymnastics. On the way there we saw a haggard old man, dragging an overstuffed suitcase. 'Twas Chris -fresh from his international flight :) We agreed to meet at the house after the session and the boys and I pranced off. Every time we walk past the Sandhole playground the boys take the low path and I take the high road. They lurk at the bottom and, as I near them, sprint towards me arms outstretched. I do the same thing, in slow motion. Eventually they leap into my arms and I spin them around. It's good fun, and we have a blast. While the leaping lizards were enjoying gymnastics I signed up at the gym - time to get fit!! I also ordered a new swimsuit - yay! After the session I got all of Kieran's awards as he is now level 5. Nobody notified me as to his progress so I assumed he was just terrible at gymnastics :P Cameron also earned his level 8 badge - go Cam. We had emptied their money boxes that morning so took them around the charity shops to buy a bear (again). Once again we discussed shopping around, and only buying stuff if you love it. They took my words to heart and shopped wisely. That's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back :) But they scored some lovely stuffed toys. Once home the boys flung themselves on their jetlagged father with shrieks of joy and graciously accepted their gifts. Chris had bought me a straw cloche hat which is lovely. Then I popped off to Argos to buy bday presents for various birthday parties and some booster seats. After a delicious dinner of rice, and only rice because my boys are special that way (Chris and I had curry) I whisked the boys off to the field with the nerf gun, rugby ball and remote control bike and finished the day off with a water fight. We had a blast. Tomorrow - grandpa Rick and swimming, and hopefully more sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment