Wednesday 23 March 2011

Wallet Woes

I had a sad moment yesterday morning. I walked up to coffeegroup and decided to stop in at the Organics shop. After many requests on my part they have Irish Oatmeal - YUM! Only place in Auckland I could find that sells it too. So I stopped in there, picked up the oats and some 4 grain flour and headed down the road. It was after I crossed the road that I realised my wallet was missing. I pivoted and waited for the crossing to sound. Moments before it did a car rocketed up onto the sidewalk, narrowly missing the stroller that was shielded by the traffic light pole, and skidded back onto the road and across 2 lanes of traffic. I briskly trotted back to the organics shop peering along the road/path as I went to no avail. My wallet had landed on the ground and been collected up by some no good thief. I went back later and asked all the local businesses if a wallet had been handed in. It had not, and the local constable had no news of it either. BUGGER.

So, I had to cancel all my cards and ordered Chris to hand over all his cash and eftpos card. Rising with the dawn.... or at least it felt that way I drove ILLEGALLY to kindy to drop K off this morning then parked by the library and hopped on a train with my little man. He loved his trip going solo with his mum. We arrived to find the AA had moved so bought some bandaids and peanut butter, a new wallet - heavy on the eyesore factor and discounted from $30 to $10..... can't think why!- and headed into the AA. I am now the proud possessor of a temporary license and $40 poorer for my trouble. Sigh. I was going to spend the morning minuting. I have instead spent in in cars, trains and shops... and then a shower and getting C snacked and snoozed. Woe is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment