Thursday 26 August 2010

Raider of the lost lunchbox.....

CheekyChops has a lovely Lighning McQueen lunchbox which he adores. This is hardly surprising as he is a fan of all things CARS. Anyway, on tuesday morning as I packed the last few items into his lunchbox he watched with some interest before wandering off to watch the WOTWOTS on tv. I gave him his breakfast of which he ate all of 3 teaspoons worth. Sigh. A few minutes later he scurried over to his little train backpack and pulled out his lunchbox which he carried off to his highchair. Placing it on the tray he opened the lunchbox and selected a salami stick and an oaty slice for his breakfast. Using the lunchbox as the container for all meals seems to have promoted a better appetite for CheekyChops. Go the lunchbox!! He had a lovely time at Henry's - and as I arrived he was happily playing Henry's piano :) My craft morning went well - apart from ChunkyMunky pulling a surprise poonami on me. I used all my wipes..... Oy vey! On wednesday CheekyChops was in high spirits and had a blast at the Plunket coffeegroup. After I got home he puddled around while I developed the mother of all migraines. ChunkyMunky kept crying whenever I put him down and eventually, after the big one was put to bed I took ChunkyMunky up to bed with me. I had a nice 30 minute nap, and afterwards some panadol which seemed to take care of the headache. Upstairs 2 little boys slept, all snug and warm, while I frantically cooked a pork, apple and caramelised onion pie, in a caramelised onion pastry crust. I thought it turned out ok :) Then I drove out to the coffeegroup dinner with my pie. It was a lovely evening apart from my headache coming back - at one stage I honestly thought I was going to throw up.. luckily Suzie has some panadol etc that I was able to take :) It was a lovely evening and as I drove veeeeery slowly home (the lights were killers, and the rain did not aid my driving) ChunkyMunky chilled in the back. He was a very good date for the dinner - calm and quiet haha. I got in the house and fed the kidlet and poured myself into bed. It was 11pm after all :) On thursday CheekyChops headed off to Henry's and ChunkyMunky got to take a ride in the stroller up to the doctor's where he had his 3 month immunisations. He lay on the table and cooed and gooed at us - I felt like such a traitor knowing what was coming. He did have a shriek but it was over quickly and he settlerd down for a cuddle and some snackin's. We picked up CheekyChops and I had a chat with Henry. We will only have PORSE on a tuesday from here on in. ChunkyMunky was fairly lethargic thursday afternoon - and so was I. We had the Plunket nurse visit and K woke up just as she was leaving. Afterwards I really struggled to stay awake. All ChunkyMunky wanted was to cuddle down on me and sleep. His big brother wanted cuddles ansd stories too. Thursday night was a difficult one for Chris - and not because of Chunky, who woek every 4 hours in need of a cuddle and a feed - but because K kept coming into the bedroom every 20 minutes from 2am until Chris got up at 4am. Needless to say he was not in the cheeriest of moods!! Today is rainy and I have a very sad little baby so will stay home and cosset him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment