Wednesday 4 August 2010

Dazed days

This sleep palaver of K's is an absolute nightmare. Yesterday I had to take his bed out of his room, strip and make it afresh and put it in the pc room - where he could conceivably feel more comfortable with it. I put the mattress down on his floor instead and we spent much of yesterday afternoon lying on it (that would be C and me) while K perched cautiously next to us reading books. He was comfy enough with the matress after several hours that him sleeping on it seemed an option. We all bathed together and then Chris took K in hand to get his pj's on for bedtime. OH. MY. GOD. Some time later K was dressed and the tears hadmostly dried up and then Chris tried to get him to lie down on the mattress. Some time passed... C had dropped off to sleep so I tried my hand at enticing our tired (no nap) boy onto the mattress. Eventually he crawled in on his hands and knees like a little beaten dog. All went well with me lying down and him snuggled next to me. I read the Gruffalo, pausing to feed my now wakeful infant, and K fell asleep just before the end. He woke at 11 but I dashed in, lay next to him and he then slept the night through.... so a partial success. He is at PORSE today and we may go up to the library this afternoon. Depends on whether the rain keeps falling out of the sky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment