Sunday 29 August 2010

Lightning crashes....

and it certainly did last night! Around 4:30am a noise like a gigantic bell being rung followed by an immense rumbling sound filled the air in the crescent. Chris and I were woken by it and were unsure whether the skip at the building site had been hit by a car or what had happened. The humongous noise was followed by torrential rain - so loud, with raindrops so large they sounded like hail, along with lightning and thunder. It was at this point that we realised we had experienced a lighting strike directly above us. Yowsa!!! Poor CheekyChops was awakened and afrightened, but ChuckyMunky slept blissfully on :) In other news I am in the long slow process of transferring all my files and email across onto the laptop - but was able to tear myself away to watch The Proposal with Sandra Bullock. I enjoyed it :) The weather continues truckloads of rain.....yippee :( and I have fallen in love with Wii. Alas, the cheapest one I could find was $400 Aiiieeeee, oh well, nevermind :P ChunkyMunky has bounced back from his immunisations, and was grinning and chortling like a loon today.
Tomorrow is going to be a quite day at home, as I have a Plunket meeting in the evening. Tuesday is PORSE, wednesday is the Plunket coffeegroup and thursday is free. Friday will be Playcentre - yippee!! Mind you, there is a fair bit of phone calling re the coffeegroup that I have to do - sux to be me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment