Tuesday 22 June 2010

When the Daphne blooms

This morning I was looking out the window at our Daphne plant, and noticing all the buds on it showing hints of pink. It has been a year now since we had the miscarriage. It was such a terrible time, but what has stayed with me was how people reacted to the news - whether that reaction was supportive, hurtful or they pretended not to know anything about it. I will enjoy the glorious scent of the flowers, and remember our little proto pup as I do. Sleep has proved elusive of late with K sick, and throwing tantrums and being a little horror. I think the reality of C being a permanent little timesink has registered. Poor wee boy! I am finding it quite tricky juggling their individual needs - my needs are being completely ignored at the moment - hopefully only for a few more months.
The gruffalo dvd and gruffalo's child book arrived on saturday and has been greeted with screams of joy ever since. It is actually a cool little movie. Hell, anything must be better than watching "Hello Iggle Piggle" ad nauseum". Every time I think we have cleared the danger zone a little voice pipes up asking for "Piggle" or Ninky Nonk". Aaah, good times!! Thank god I have requested a further 2 Int he Night Garden dvd's from the library - I will go mad if I have to watch the same FIVE episodes over and over again for much longer.
I have a little clothbook that I need to sew up for Cameron - god knows when, as I seem to have no free time. The scarf I am knitting for K is growing at a snail's pace too - it will be at least a 3 week job. Aaah how the mighty have fallen :P

No comments:

Post a Comment