Wednesday 23 June 2010

Trials and Tribulations

C has been making great strides lately. He has begun to want to be picked up so he can see what's going on. He looks just like a meerkat as his little head swivels around in his blanket as you hold him upright. K has been giving C plenty of strokes and kisses but has been a nightmare in all other things. We are seeing lots of tantrums where he throws himself to the floor and smashes his head repeatedly on the floor or walls. As we have tiles I am impressed at his fortitude. It is difficult to deal with. If I respond to the behaviour I just reward him and it continues but I can't totally ignore it either... Oy vey! Cameron slept like a dream last night. He slept from 9pm to 1:12 and then 1:30 to 5am. I was in great discomfort - but appreciated the extra sleep... all the more so because I am as sick as a dog! This morning was a bit of a mare, with Chris leaving for the train at 8am... and me at 8:15. Got K to Henry's where he threw a massive tantrum and devolved into hysterics. Upon me taking K to the car he threw another tantrum because he didn't want to leave, despite not wanting to stay! Henry didn't look too thrilled by the behaviour and I am guessing if K keeps it up then we will find that Henry is no longer happy to have K. God knows I wouldn't if it was me!! I took the books into the library afterwards where, surprise, K threw another tantrum..... and then we headed home. Joy. I was counting on today to rest and do some cleaning as the floor is absolutely filthy and needs to be mopped. I may just have to get on with that around K. So C is going great guns and K is devolving into a little monster. Gosh, parenting is SO much fun :P K's latest stunt was to pour blackcurrant cordial all through the box of clothes that Isabelle lent us. It is lucky that he was in bed when I found the purple stained clothing for I was ropable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment