Friday 19 February 2010

Running Man

Today was a big day for Kieran... he got to WALK with me to the library, and back. He had a ball!!And he walked all the way there bar the hill (both up and down). Unfortunately he turned into a bit of a nightmare after his nap and I wound up having to lever my ass off the couch where I was watching the men's long program (ice skating) to scrub crayon scribbles off the carpet at the top of the stairs and off 7 stairs, then the high chair, the bricks outside and assorted books etc. Bandit is also looking quite dashing with his multi-hued polka-spotted fur. I was ropeable!! Despite clamouring for food when he got given dinner he didn't touch it - sigh. Luckily Chris came home at that moment, forcing me to remove my clenched hands from K's delicate wee neck :P. While Chris checked out the plumbing I took K off to the local playground where he showed off his survival skills by running down the slide, bouncing off a preteen sitting at the bottom and doing a cartwheel/somersault on the (padded- thank god!) ground below. Tears resulted, and then he tried to do it again.... at this point Chris arrived at the playground asking why Bandit was sporting leopard print fur.....I decided that we would have a family walk to the 4-square to buy milk as we were all out. K fairly sprinted up the hill and off to the shops. Chris was trotting pretty quickly to keep up - but I lagged behind..... call it a perk of being 6 months preggers :) K's energy levels remained high and we had a bath together at 8.... from which he was forcibly removed at 8:40pm. Tired? My son? Ha ha ha. Of late he has been rushing into the bedroom around 3am, resulting in me ferrying him back to his room and getting him off to sleep again. Last night I slept in his room with him, and will do the same tonight. I hope by being there for a few nights that I can quiet the moment of panic that propels him out of bed and off to us. It seems to be working. However, last night was rather cold and around 4am a little shivering boy insinuated himself under the covers with me - but hey, at least he slept until 7:45am! Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment