Wednesday 10 February 2010

8 years married

Saturday February 9th, 2002.
I can't believe that it has been 8 years since Chris and I got married in Kerikeri. In some ways it feels like just the other day we got together and in others it seems like we were never apart. Thinking back over the years I realise that I truly am a candidate for sainthood - as is Chris hehe. We celebrated our anniversary in style - by staying home with our son and Chris cooking a Beef Wellington. I had not eaten this lauded dish and was hopeful that it would join the list of family favourites. Chris did good work but I have discovered that I like my pate cold, not hot, and this kept distracting me as I ate. Apart from that it was just lovely! Cards and gifts were exchanged and there was much merriment in the house.
Chris is over the moon tonight as it rained earlier and it is nice and cool. Why, it is 9pm and K is able to have a sheet on him and not sweat half to death. Normally I wake up at 4am (pregnancy SUCKS!) and chuck a light polarfleece on him then - any earlier, and he would.... sweat to death :(
We headed out to Mainly Music today. I left slightly earlier so I wouldn't have to walk so fast. I still sweated like a hog and experienced sciatic pain tho. Sigh. K had a great time afterwards gallivanting around and playing with toys until I realised it was 11:20. He was snatched up and wheeled away - posthaste. Luckily these days he seems to have given up on falling asleep in his stroller. Obviously my pleas to "Don't fall asleep sweetie, or you won't get any milk" have made a lasting impact :)
Tomorrow is K's first session of babygym aka Tumbleweeds. We will hop on a train and head out to Henderson and give it a go. It is $10 a session or $65 a term which is expensive... but I am debating going to playgroup one week and babygym the other which would be a bit cheaper. However, if K loves it and it thrashes the sass out of him we will do the lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment