Thursday 19 January 2012

There and back again.....

My contact course..... what can I say. Instead of the glorious family holiday where we spent hours in a hot car, driving 8 hours off to Palmy I hopped instead onto an aeroplane and whisked off to test my children story writing skills. The course was awesome, and hard, and challenging and incredibly worth. I wrote and wrote and occasionally ate the disugusting food the student cafe served up for really quite unreasonablly high prices. Sadly, the cruisy week I promised Chris vanished. Cameron was ok, little tyke just kept on trucking but K devolved into a sad, weeping little heap who got sent home from kindy on the last day. Lets just say the whole airport heard his scream of MUMMY MUMMY when I arrived. I got to enjoy the luxurious surrounds of the Air NZ lounge as my new BFF let us in. We ate and drank, surfed the net, wrote some stories and had an awesome time waiting for our plane. And best of all was getting off the other side and seeing Chris and the boys...Not so good was having to knuckle down and produce the next assignment in 3 days... especially as I had a TCANZ meeting to minute. That was a disaster too. The train was well late, the car not drivable, I had to be collected from Mt Albert train station and I only got home at 3:30. To say Chris was happy to see me would be an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment