Wednesday 11 January 2012

Happy 4th Birthday Kieran!!

Kieran's special day really started last night, when Chris and I blew up nearly 30 balloons and scattered them across the bedroom floor. Or maybe it started before that, when I discovered that his bike was the wrong size and had to move heaven and earth to get a replacement. Aaah yes, the bike saga. Basically we headed into KMart to procure a velocipede. I now now that bike buying is best done just before xmas or well afterwards, and not in early January when KMart has zero stock and no display bikes out. We therefore purchased a 50cm bike, paid more to have it assembled and bought a lightning McQueen helmet for Mum and Mike's bday pressie for K. So I call the store on Tuesday to check if they have training wheels. The guy on the phone sounds perplexed and says "we don't offer training wheels for bikes aimed at 10 year olds." This is where I panicked, and begged and pleaded for him to find a 40cm bike. To his credit he managed to find one. Problem: Bike assembly guy is only there on tuesdays - and he has already left. I called Chris and we made the decision to get bike assembled and collect it after I get back from the Massey contact course. So, tuesday night we have no bike. Instead, I blow up 30 balloons and scatter them across the boys floor. I decorate Kieran's place setting and pile up his presents. The next morning we wait, and wait, and wait. Yup, K is having one of his rare sleep ins. Eventually poor Chris has to leave for work. K staggers down half an hour later and enters an orgy of present unwrapping. He loved the helmet, the wooden blocks, the fishing rod, the scribble and learn, and the birthday cards. He was over the moon. He and Cameron were down on the floor making like architects, K still wearing the bike helmet :)
I love you my Kieran. You are a wonderful special loving little boy and I can't believe we've been lucky enough to have you in our lives for 4 years now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment