Friday 23 December 2011

Twas 2 days before Christmas

... and all through the house frantic packing ensued, without a doubt! Chris had today off so Chris walked up to the local shops to get the fixings for chocolate shortbread and onion marmalade. I cleaned kidlets, dressed kidlets then scrubbed out the bathroom...finishing just before Chris arrived home. Once the ingredients had been procured, Kieran and I began baking! Cameron was a big help, licking the beaters for us lol. After the bread and shortbread had been baked we set off on a train ride to Henderson and the great present expedition. We paid off the laybye on the presents, collected them up and bought presents from mum and Mike. We finally staggered home at 1:30. C was asleep after tipping chocolate milk all over himself and the stroller...sigh. Chris staggered upstairs shortly after we got home for a nap, and even Kieran conked out on the couch...lol, I felt so alone hehehe. Anyway, onion marmalade has been made, dinners have been served, boys have been bathed and popped into bed.... and I am off to bed too. Tomorrow I have to pack our clothes, collect the Playcentre key so I can retrieve K's hat and my xmas cd's, return home to Chris having packed the presents in the car, and then we shall away. There is something wrong with the hib of the left front wheel atm, it screams like a stuck pig when going round corners (hence why the train ride to Henderson). The mechanic assured me it would hold for the Kerikeri round trip... but it does mean we won't be able to get to Palmerston North. I have had to contact Massey to see if I can skive out of the contact course...and the mechanic is struggling to find a replacement from the wreckers (cost:$300)... if we have to buy parts... it'll probably cost more than we paid for the car!! Fingers crossed anyway!! Boy, I can't wait to see the boys face on xmas day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment