Tuesday 6 December 2011

Sculpt 6k

A while ago Erin suggested we do the Sculpt 6k. I thought it was a great idea and laid down my $40 for the privilege of heaving my sweaty carcass around the cbd. Alas the months just flew by and the intensive training I had assume I would underfo never eventuated... Don't get me wrong, long hilly hideous walks were undertaken... but nothing that would see me loping lithely and gazelle-like across the finishing line. Then to make matters worse Chris flew to America - the DAY BEFORE the event. Who the hell was gonna look after the kidlets. Luckily Rache was a lifesaver and I leapt into Erin's car pretty damn early sunday am. Weather was cool and cloudy, with a gentle rain at the end - nice for overheated walkers. And I did it. I did the 6k's in 62 minutes and 32 seconds. I have now resolved that I will do Round the Bays in March 2012 - cos I am DA BOMB :)

No comments:

Post a Comment