Sunday 16 October 2011

Bunnikins and Chairs

My boys are growing up so fast! Kieran helped Chris make pickled onions this weekend, helping to peel the onions, stirring the vinegar and chatting away to his dad the entire time. Heartwarming :) I opened up Kieran's christening presents and he is now using his Bunnikins bowl and plate, as well as his christening cutlery set. We bought a table second hand a week ago - cheap at $80 - and needed some more chairs. Scored two on TradeMe again, 2 for $11.50. I feel positively thrifty!! I also went to Spotlight looking for plastic tablecloths - big mistake. Could not find the tablecloths, and the rolls that you cut lengths off were $16 a metre... a metre!!! I went to local dollar shop and got 2.5 metres for the princely sum of $12.50 instead. Also went to the local OpShop looking for scarves etc for K and C's pirate costumes. Not too much there sadly. I fear I will have to check out the Salvation Army Opshop for bright scarves, and head into the Warehouse for some plain white tee's and a black fabric pen. Then all can marvel and my mighty rending of Ye Olde Skull 'n Crossbones lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment