Thursday 5 May 2011

2 firsts in one day

Today Cameron stunned and amazed me by uttering his first articulate sentence. Sadly, it is a sentence that is heard FAR too often in our house... "I want my mummy!". The second first was Cameron managing to climb 2 steps of the stairs.... the end is nigh for life as we know it. I only wish I was rested enough to appreciate it. Alas, due to a wakeful, shrieky toddler waking the baby (MULTIPLE times last night - Grrrrr!) and my 5am start I was feeling rather zombielike. In my case substitute NAP!NAP! for BRAINS!BRAINS! I still can't get my head around the North Shore tornado..... it just seems like such a crazy thing to have in NZ, ditto the floods and the earthquake....not a good year for NZ (or indeed the world!). I have contacted all the real estate agents and let them know to put a kibosh on viewings etc - and that wasn't a fun job.... so many, so eager for their comission :P I have started a scrapbook for the boys that will cover their first year of life... C has not been alive for a year yet (ex womb) but I guarantee he'll be well over a year before I finish it! Tomorrow we have Playcentre - praise the lord! I hope the weather remains warm and sunny like today so we can walk. Picked Kieran up from Kindy today and saw a sea of cards with hearts and lovinmg messages on them. The teacher came over and apologised that there wasn't one for me because..."it's really difficult to get Kieran to sit down... he's very physical isn't he?!" Too true :)

Cameron is really testing the boundaries of walking. He has been pulling himself up on furniture and now nonchalantly stands in the bath leaning on the edge. Sitting in the warm water is for babies, Mum! Mother's Day is this weekend.... I wonder what I'll get.... a NAP would be nice, several would be better :P

No comments:

Post a Comment