Monday 4 October 2010

Yowsa

Um, what have I been doing recently? Let's see, I have worked on Plunket newsletter, minuted meetings, wrangled kids, dinged the car, cleaned, cooked and baked and attended a Fireman Sam show..... right, and now for the details! Let's see... K has been put on the list for the Rosier Rd kindy and I have fingers crossed that he will be at the top of the list when they open in January after the Xmas break. I have been head down with Plunket stuff and am absolutely knackered. When you have no family for emergency babysitting life can get a bit fraught when one is stressed and needing some space from shrilling kidlets. And why would I be tired? K maybe slept through the night TWICE in the last 3 weeks. He is terrified of the rain and wind, and panics when he wakes to rain in the dark.... even though he has a lovely nightlight in his bedroom. C trucking along beautifully, apart from his obsession with snuggling and snackin' - simultaneously! Now that the weather is improving we are using the stroller a lot more. This has the benefit of keeping me "trim" and saving petrol dollars :P On friday (with a mere 3.5 hours of sleep under my belt) I walked (in the rain) to the train so K could go see the Fireman Sam show in Henderson. Fireman Sam had one of the most "interesting" Welsh accents it has ever been my privilege (I use the term loosely) to hear. The show was diabolical. It is amazing the things you do as a parent!! The weekend was spent preparing preserves, baking, babywrangling and no cleaning. Somehow that always seems to get deferred to the weekdays :O. Our poor neighbours - the ones we visit all the time - locked themselves out of their house on Sunday ... $160 for the locksmith!!!! We are planning a key swap to prevent future incidents. Today I ripped through 3 loads of washing, hung out same, handwashed dishes, ran dishes through dishwasher, prepared dinner from scratch and then lay on a picnic blanket next to my sons looking up at the sunshine through the trees in our garden.... then headed out to the playground with the boys - I love warm Spring days! Tomorrow is Porse for K (his 2nd to last session), Wednesday is the new mum's coffee group, Thursday a trip to the beach and Friday is Henderson to view Sid and Scrat. Hopefully it is better that the Fireman Sam effort!!
Alas, I managed to reverse into a fence and mailbox when collecting K from his last PORSE session. Luckily the fence remained upright (it was a close thing) and the mailbox was only slightly dented... the car however looks like an Indian painted for the warpath - and being in a fistfight :( I have to get on to a panelbeater for a quote sometime this week. What else.... lots, but it is all on the lines of taking K to parks, playgrounds etc and running around like maniacs. One thing I do remember every day is how lucky I am to have such a lovely family, to have a loving (if somewhat eccentric) husband, 2 lovely, naughty, healthy little monkeys, my health and the prospect of a summer picking strawberries....

No comments:

Post a Comment