Monday 25 October 2010

The world's longest blog post - ever! Part 2

The train trip - from hell!!!
On friday K was promised a trip on the train. The previous friday we had gone to the Sid and Scrat show which was just a glorified decorate a gingerbread man event. K did enjoy decorating and eating his man, and eating C's as well. Anyway we had a blast and I found K's xmas present at Toyworld - which i was well pleased about. We headed into Warehouse Stationery to collect and pay for the Plunket newsletter and I was feeling pretty chipper when an idiot of a train conductor got my childs arm stuck. We were waiting by the doors and he grabbed for K to "help him out" K flinched away with his hand pressed on the door which whooshed open, sucking his arm into the side of the door. The pratt just stood there tucking on K, unable to understand that he was STUCK! I leapt across, jammed my knee into the door and made anough space to free the arm while the conductor just stood there, wringing his hands. Though he recovered enough to tell my weeping son to "man up". Only my great respect for the laws of New Zealand and my equeally keen desire to get my child to a doctor left him able to walk. Twit!! Anyway, K was fine, some mild bruising but nothing more. I took him on the train soon after and he isn't scared of trains thank god. The occassion of this trip? Monday evening, a fundraising Plunket event that Chris was supposed to babywrangle to allow me to set up. I was to be there at 6. I called Chris at 5:40. At 5:45 I was racing for the train with with boys in the stroller. Chris had been delayed and had forgotten about the event....grrrrrr. Apart from many run ins with the police, multiple meetings to attend and minute and a newsletter to prepare for - life has been pretty calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment