Tuesday 14 September 2010

Pre Gruffalo

My god, it has been a while since my last blog entry, non? Let's see... on the monday after father's day Chunky laughed for the first time - a proper laugh that is!! Too cute for words. He is burbling away like anything, and when we peer into the cot in the morning we get a huge smile and these flailing limbs as he desperately emotes "free me!! cuddle me!!" and of course "FEED ME!!" After it, it is usually 8 hours since the last bout of snackin's and that boy has a powerful appetite! That tuesday PORSE was cancelled as Henry's daughter had a nasty tummy bug so I took Cheeky to the craft morning where he was exceptionally good :) It was only after we were home that he acted up, and made me want to disown him :) Steve (TCANZ) also dropped off a mass of survey forms for me to enter into surveymonkey. It was a pig of a job but hey - there's a $100 bucks towards the Christmas pressie fund :) On thursday I took K to Library storyime - and he loved it. We will def be doing that again. On friday I took both boys to the Wriggle and Rhyme session - and Cheeky had an absolute blast!!! So much so that I am enrolling him in dance classes :) Chunky just chilled. The weekend was just noodling about as far as I can remember :) On monday I took the boys to Playcentre where Cheeky just had such a wonderful time. It was a good decision to go there :). Yesterday I took Cheeky down to the library and the playground by the sports fields. He loved it, except that Chunky's backside erupted in a terrifying manner. Despite leaping into the car immediately, all 3 layers of Chunky's outfit were terribly stained. I have them soaking in Napisan but feel it is a forlorn hope. Chunky's outputs have a permanency that outdoor paint companies can only strive to emulate :) Isabelle came around with her 2 kids and they rampaged around the house - good fun. I offered her the 2 spare tickets to the Gruffalo play - and she accepted. Her little boy was taken by his daddy on the weekend and when I asked how her son had liked the play she said her husband had really enjoyed the play, and and, oh yes, her son did too :P So today I drive out to Manukau for the show - free tickets, woohoo!!! I have never been to the venue so am going to leave A LOT early in case of getting lost etc. The sun is shining, the kids are happy, bread has been baked, stew is set for dinner and life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment