Wednesday 15 September 2010

Post grr grr grr grr Gruffalo

Cheeky is still on a high after the Gruffalo patted him on the shoulder as he ran past..... whereas I am just relieved to be back home, smelling only slightly of second hand yoghurt.
Going to the Gruffalo was fun... but having the living daylights scared out of me by the police was not so much fun ;) Missing getting onto the western m/way due to said police was fairly sucky too :)
We arrived with one little boy happily playing with blocks and the other fast asleep. As always, Cheeky was viciously grumpy and weepy after a too-short nap - and it took a kinder surprise to make him a happy bunny again. He was in alt throughout the play, shrieking at the players, especially the snake Joachim - so called apparently because when people saw him in their houses they say Whak Heem Whack heem (I know! Groan!) but the best moment for him was when (as K puddled about by the stage) the Gruffalo ran past him and patted him on the shoulder. Chunky snacked through the show, leaping like a landed fish at particularly loud moments. Going home was going well until the sirens of a police car erupted directly behind me. Light flashing the whole hog. I was anervous wreck by the time I was ordered to pull over. Luckily they just wanted me to get out the way but I felt like Auckland's most notorious criminal. AND I missed the sodding entrance to the Westen motorway due to it and had to loop through Ponsonby to get back on the motorway. I did however manage to get an hours sleep out of Cheeky which was good going and then whisked both boys up to the library. Tomorrow we have a playdate with Erin, Georgia and Liam and on friday we have a Wii date with Kym. It will be good to see Alex and Bella again too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment