Wednesday 30 October 2013

Halloween Hijinks

Halloween has been eagerly anticpated by the boys this year. Our plan of dressing Cameron and myself as Tardis's and Kieran as the Doctor had to be jettisoned. Instead the boys are going as ghosts and I will be wearing a Tigger suit as I creep about the streets. Yesterday we decided to trying carving Jack-o-lanterns. It was a blast! I grabbed some pumpkins from Nola's and got the boys to draw their desired designs. Once I had my 'templates' I went to work, hacking and slashing at the innocent pumpkins while the boys frolicked about me. Some time later 3 beautifully carved pumpkins were produced and the boys are rapt. They have been cunningly arranged on the woodpile by the gate to attract young trick or treaters. Tonight we head out trick and treating and the boys will surf that sugar high. They'd better enjoy it as they won't see that much 'candy' again!
In other, less exciting news, flights have been booked and we fly out on the 12th of November. Sadly, we will not be going via Singapore with its pool and butterfly farm. Nor will we have access to the Koru lounge. Shaping up to be quite the hideous little trip really lol. Might have to see if there's any way we can sort Koru club membership as we will NEED lounge access for the boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment