Saturday 14 September 2013

Bye bye Bandit

I have been extremely stressed over the last few weeks. Trying to get passports sorted, the $4000 visas for the boys, selling the car, sorting our stuff into what's going to the UK and what needs to be packed was doing my head in. But the real worry was Bandit. I have been desperately trying to rehome my darling ever since we found that his lungs were toast, and getting more and more worried as very few people presented themselves, all of which had at least one other pet - not ideal for Bandit, who is not a fan of fellow felines. We prepared both boys by talking about how Bandit was going to go have a holiday on a farm while we were in England and they both thought this was a fantastic idea.
So today Chris and the boys raced up to Kerikeri at the ungodly hour of 7am while I got ready to head into Henderson for my last Playcentre course 2 sessions. I tucked Bandit into the hot water cupboard and tucked a pillowcase over him so he was snuggly and warm. I finished early as I needed to get back for Caroline who was coming to see Bandit. It bucketed down as I dashed homewards, stopping only to buy a tin of tuna. Got in and gave B snuggles then the potential owners arrived and fell in love with him at first sight. And I watched him get loaded into a car and be driven away.
I know it needed to be done, and I know he will be happy there, but I am so sad, and feeling so guilty for giving away my baby right now.
Bandit, I love you so very much. Ever since we brought you home as a 10 week old kitten, with your magnolia thieving, and dressing gown cuddles and trashing the decorations on the christmas tree you have brought joy, and occasionally exasperation into our lives. There never was a better cat, and I already miss you desperately. I hope with all my heart that you forget us quickly and fall in love with your new owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment