Friday 31 August 2012

Gladiatorial combat aka kindy sports day

It’s been an exciting week or so. I have submitted the most recent batch of assignments and am now working on the next lot – no rest for the wicked! I have now immersed myself in more vampire movies and books, before I dive into Human Development. The boys have been having a blast. Kieran spent much of the week training for the Kindy Sports Day. He was in the green team aka God’s Gladiators. He has been sprinting, and climbing, and leaping and having a thoroughly marvellous time… as he should as we have had some lovely sunny days this week. Friday was especially sunny and the Sports Day went off well, with Kieran winning a silver medal in the bucket and ball race. He was so proud of winning a medal “just like the Olympics” and has vowed to win a gold medal next time. Maybe it was his haircut. We dashed up to the barbershop just before the sports day started, and K got his hair cut. He had a blast and chatted happily to the hairdresser while Cameron chittered his rage that he wasn’t getting a haircut. Kieran has settled nicely into his new kindy routine of Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday – in preparation for Cameron doing a morning session on Monday’s and Wednesdays. He is also enjoying going to the library storytimes on Thursdays. I am applying for WINZ child subsidy for Cameron. I am entitled as I am studying – woot. If I get it I won’t have to pay $40 for Cameron’s 2 mornings a week. They’ll only be starting mid-October – just in time for exams lol. We signed up for a free trial of the reading eggs program. In our 2 weeks Kieran did 34 lessons, and is able to sound out words and craft basic sentences. I am so proud of him. Cameron was also keen, but at 2 and 3 months was not able to progress as well as Kieran :). There is a Hairy MaClairy show coming up in September that I will take the boys too. As father’s day is coming up the boys have been churning out Father’s Day cards. I also took them up to the FourSquare and they chose a present for Chris. They were insistent that “Daddy wants chocolate”. I suspect Daddy will also be doing a lot of sharing lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment