Wednesday 7 July 2010

Baby has a name!

Aaah the trials and tribulations of mothering a toddler!! On Monday we headed out to the library in the stroller... that is to say two fat heavy weighty little boys rode in the stroller, one of them urging his mother on with cries of "faster faster", and one of us pushed the stroller :P Kieran had a lovely time up at the library and we got several exciting books out. He has taken love of reading to a whole new level haha. Mornings start these days with at least 3 stories before breakfast. I tend to wake up as K patters into the room. Depending on how settled C is I leave him lying on my chest (where he has been since his last feed at either 5 or 6am) and we read stories, or I pop him into the cot and K and I go into his room.... and read stories. I can now quote the Gruffalo, its sequal, all the Hairy Mclairy tales and the Wonky Donkey :P That afternoon the weather was sunny (yet cold) soI whisked the boys off to the playground. K had a blast, C not so much... the is probably due to the fact that it is too cold to breastfeed in the playground, especially when the house is 3 doors away :) I then finished off the day by baking some biscuits and a loaf of bread.
On Tuesday we headed over to Isabelle's for a playdough playdate.... we arrived and K played on her couch with a car brought from home... no playdough for him, thank you very much. I tried to tempt him with my exquisite depictions of octopusses/pi?, seahorses, plam trees etc but he wasn't having a bar of it. That night he was almost turfed out onto the doorstep to wait for his father to come home after the conference dinner as he woke the baby not once but twice after I had just got him to sleep. Result: Irate mother and a baby who finally fell asleep after 5 hours of effort on my part at 11pm!!! And all this because someone got out of bed and bellowed down the stairs for attention.... well, he got it, and he didn't like it haha.
Today I whisked the boys up to coffeegroup. Both enjoyed themselves and it was nice to spend time in a nice heated room. Aan today when I asked Kieran what his brother's name was - usually met with a blank stare - I was told that his name was Cam'rin - and he gave C a kiss. The tantrums have tapered off too, and the positive reinforcement tempered with timeouts in his bedroom seem to be working! Tomorrow I catch up with Ruth and Rachel and their offspring. We will do that at the rooms as 6 wee ones might cause my house to burst at the seams! Friday morning has been set aside as a painting day. Hopefully K musters more enthusiasm for it than he showed for the playdough!

No comments:

Post a Comment