Monday 21 September 2009

Woe, woe

Let's see... on Thursday we headed off to Parr's Park to romp with the coffee group girls. Like a prat I managed to park across the rugby field that is next to the playground - head:desk! I trudged across K in tow and we had a lovely time. The only issue was the signs out warning people to stay off the grass as it had dangerous chemicals on it. All the babies were a bit ticked off at being kept away from the grass and our ire was immense when we realised (after 30 minutes of this torture) that the signs were just up so that the grass could be mowed... grrr!! Despite this we had a lovely time. On friday I headed over to Kym's before we went to Fairy Falls... Let's just say the trip was "an adventure". When Kirst and I were small we had lots of adventures with mum. To this day I am noyt sure if mum purposefully struck out into unknown territory, or just got lost... a lot. I got lost going there. Sressed does not even BEGIN to describe how I felt -with no mapbook or cellphone - as I struggled to find my way to a place I had never been to before. Lets just say I was overcome with relief when I saw Kym in the FF carpark! The kids did great on the walk and they had a ball. Then I got lost going home! What made it worse was that I was going to turn in the correct direction before I changed my mind. 5 minutes later when Kym had NOT overtaken me I began to wonder if I was heading towards Bethells beach rather than to Henderson. I knew for sure once I passed Bethells fire station. I should add that it was now 12:15 and K was looking decidedly snoozy in the back. Alask he was asleep and was awoken at 12:50 when I finally arrived home. God, I needed a nap!! Alas, K had had his sleep for the day and instead we went to the library and shops. I have tons of pics from the last fortnight - none of which I can share with you as my PC is dead. Can't switch it on, all data has been lost. I am not happy. Anyway.... on the weekend Chris and I were just lazy beasts and lolled around doing nothing much :) Today was the last session of playgroup, so I baked scones, frantically cut out teapots (the theme was Mad Hatter Teaparty) and washed playdough equipment and, oh yes, kept and eye on my child too :P
Tomorrow is our day off. Lord knows I need one, then Wednesday is the last session of Mainly Music for the term and Thursday we are heading out to CraigAvon park. Friday? Who knows :P

No comments:

Post a Comment